The Scots Online Programme
Through the Scots Online programme students will:
- Have daily real-time contact with a Distance Learning Coordinator who supports student’s successful engagement with online learning
- Receive synchronous and asynchronous learning from a team of subject specialists in English, Maths and Science following the Middle Years Programme of study in New Zealand.
- Be able to connect with their teacher in the students’ home time zone
- Use innovative online platforms to deliver and assess curriculum content
- Carry out a series of baseline tests from which progress will be measured
- Join a virtual community of other Scots Online students
- Engage in the pastoral and cultural life of Scots College through joining assemblies and chapel services online
- Have weekly contact with a Scots College senior student mentor
- Receive regular feedback and progress reports
- Reflect and prepare for learning in New Zealand and gain the Global Competency Certificate in International Learning developed by AFS
- Participate in project work designed to support them in developing collaborative learning skills, which is central to Scots College’s vision of developing resourceful, independent 21st century learners
- Termly assessment weeks to measure progress and provide diagnostic feedback which supports next steps
- Have a seamless entry to Scots College when borders re-open
Synchronous lessons are delivered by subject specialists alongside group and individual tutorials led by the programme co-ordinator.
Our core platform for delivery of the programme is Microsoft TEAMS. This allows effective communication, collaboration and assessment through one portal. All training on the platform is provided in the first week of the programme.